Terms and Conditions
Updated 23rd January 2019
1) Our quotations are produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the quotation accordingly. Any additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client and a separate revised or extra contract quotation provided.
2) Working Arrangements: All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal
working hours (8 am – 5 pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed.
3) Both Contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
4) Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery and skips etc.
5) All building and other materials provided by the main contractor or their sub-contractors remain the property of Capital
Maintenance Ltd until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer, cleared cheque or cash (see item 9).
6) Access to and collection of used or unused building materials, equipment and plant etc. remains in place until full and cleared final payment is received.
7) Accepting a quotation, either verbally or in writing, and agreeing to the commencement of works will allow these terms and
conditions to come into effect.
8) The main contractor being ‘Capital Maintenance Ltd’ may employ both direct and sub-contract labour to work on site. Each
individual contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. The main contractor will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
9) Payment can be made via Bank Transfer, by cheque or in cash and a receipt for payment will be given. Please make all payments by cheque payable to ‘Capital Maintenance Ltd’. Bank Transfer details upon request. Payment in full is due upon completion of the
contract and presentation of the associated invoice, unless a credit account has been agreed then payment terms are strictly 30 days
from date of invoice. If the client fails to make the payment by the due date then without prejudice Capital Maintenance has the
right to cancel or suspend the contract and charge interest on the unpaid amount at the annual rate of 4% above base rate from the
time that the invoice became due for payment until the payment is received in full. Part payments, interim payments and deposits
may be agreed prior to commencement of works or during the contract duration. A down payment is not usually required however
arrangements may be made for a down payment in respect of the acquisition of bespoke, high value materials or new clients.
10) Insurance and Public Liability: Public Liability Insurance is provided up to the sum of £10,000,000 by CNA Builder's Insurance. All
usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
11) All client information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
12) In the event of unforeseen difficulties arising, or any other circumstantial changes, the quotation price or estimated cost may be
revised to reflect the situation at hand.
13) Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 12 months. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturer's warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we
will be happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee. Decorations are signed off on completion and not covered by guarantee.
14) No responsibility is taken by ourselves for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in
existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
15) Extras will only be undertaken further to both full discussion with the client, and, verbal or written agreement, and charged at the
16) Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
17) We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory
conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions and availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
18) If a cancellation of a job that has been booked in arises, we, the company require 24 hours’ notice to cancel these works or a charge may be applied to the client.
19) The client will be liable for any materials ordered in relation to cancelled works.
20) Capital Maintenance Ltd reserves the ownership of all supplied goods until the client has paid not only for those particular goods, but also for the service of delivering/installing the item/s.#
21) Please confirm to Capital Maintenance Ltd if you are registered for CIS and if so please advise on your VAT reverse charge status.